Data collected by the
There are a number of ways people can prevent being the victim of a home burglary:
1. The easiest way to avoid having your possessions whisked away is concealment. Do not place gifts and valuables in highly visible areas. It is too easy for a thief to stroll down the street and spot the holiday jackpot by just peering through the windows. In addition to this, when away for long periods of time give the impression of being home. This may include doing things like leaving the lights on, a small price to pay in energy costs when compared to a ruined Christmas.
2. A security system is always a sure way to deter would be burglars. Make sure all security signage is highly visible and keep the system active, especially in the evenings even when the home is occupied. Williams also states that a home security system may help lower
3. Keep locks locked, even when you are home. Check all windows and other possibly entrances. In addition to windows and doors, make sure all fences and gates are secured with locks.
4. Stay on the lookout. Work with people in your neighborhood or a local law enforcement group to learn how to identify possible threats. If you see anything you might find suspicious, do not delay and notify the proper authorities immediately.
5. Last of all, sometimes a homeowner may do everything in their power to prevent a theft but it still happens. The best way to protect investment is through a rock solid insurance plan that covers everything inside and outside of the home. Principal of the
To find out more about how an affordable homeowners and renters insurance policy from
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10183090.htm
|Copyright:||(c) 2012 PRWEB.COM Newswire|