Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs; Meeting of the Advisory Panel on Outreach and Education (APOE), December 18, 2012
|Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|
SUMMARY: This notice announces a meeting of the
DATES: Meeting Date:
Deadline for Meeting Registration, Presentations and Comments:
Deadline for Requesting Special Accommodations:
ADDRESSES: Meeting Location: The Liaison Capitol Hill,
Presentations and Written Comments:
Registration: The meeting is open to the public, but attendance is limited to the space available. Persons wishing to attend this meeting must register at the Web site http://events.SignUp4.com/APOEDECMTG or by contacting the DFO at the address listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice or by telephone at number listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this notice, by the date listed in the DATES section of this notice. Individuals requiring sign language interpretation or other special accommodations should contact the DFO at the address listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice by the date listed in the DATES section of this notice.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: In accordance with section 10(a) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), this notice announces a meeting of the
The Panel is also authorized by section 1114(f) of the Act (42 U.S.C. 1314(f)) and section 222 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 217a). The Secretary signed the charter establishing this Panel on
Pursuant to the amended charter, the Panel advises and makes recommendations to the Secretary of
* Developing and implementing education and outreach programs for individuals enrolled in, or eligible for,
* Enhancing the federal government's effectiveness in informing
* Expanding outreach to vulnerable and underserved communities, including racial and ethnic minorities, in the context of
* Assembling and sharing an information base of "best practices" for helping consumers evaluate health plan options.
* Building and leveraging existing community infrastructures for information, counseling and assistance.
* Drawing the program link between outreach and education, promoting consumer understanding of health care coverage choices and facilitating consumer selection/enrollment, which in turn support the overarching goal of improved access to quality care, including prevention services, envisioned under health care reform.
The current members of the Panel are:
The agenda for the
* Welcome and Listening Session with CMS Leadership.
* Recap of the Previous (
* Affordable Care Act Initiatives.
* Quality Initiatives.
* An Opportunity for Public Comment.
* Meeting Summary, Review of Recommendations and Next Steps.
Individuals or organizations that wish to make a 5-minute oral presentation on an agenda topic should submit a written copy of the oral presentation to the DFO at the address listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice by the date listed in the DATES section of this notice. The number of oral presentations may be limited by the time available. Individuals not wishing to make a presentation may submit written comments to the DFO at the address listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice by the date listed in the DATES section of this notice.
Authority: Sec. 222 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 217a) and sec. 10(a) of Pub. L. 92-463 (5 U.S.C. App. 2, sec. 10(a) and 41 CFR 102-3).
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program No. 93.733, Medicare--Hospital Insurance Program; and Program No. 93.774, Medicare--Supplementary Medical Insurance Program)
Notice of meeting.
Citation: "77 FR 70785"
Document Number: "CMS-7026-N"
Federal Register Page Number: "70785"
|Copyright:||(c) 2012 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.|