|PR Newswire Association LLC|
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58573-coventry-health-care-and-walgreens-educate-medicare-beneficiaries
"There are changes to
The following are key facts beneficiaries need to know about the
- Anyone who is eligible for
Medicaremay join a Medicareprescription drug plan to get help paying for prescription drug costs.
- The health reform law calls for gradually lowering out-of-pocket costs when seniors enrolled in
Medicare Part Dreach the coverage gap, otherwise known as the "donut hole."
- Beginning in 2011, enrollees who reached the gap began receiving a 50 percent manufacturer discount on the total cost of brand-name drugs and additional subsidies for generic medications.
Medicarewill phase in additional subsidies for brand-name drugs beginning in 2013.
Beneficiaries have until
Walgreens also offers free, personalized Part D plan comparison reports to help beneficiaries identify the plan that best meets their prescription drug needs. Plan reviews, generated from
About First Health Part D Value Plus from Coventry
With its low premium, zero-dollar deductible and extensive preferred pharmacy network, Coventry's First Health Part D Value Plus is one of the leading options available to
Complete benefits and details for the First Health Part D Value Plus Plan (PDP) are included below:
- Average premium of
$24.00 to $33.90per month $0annual deductible
Medicarepreferred pharmacy network of nearly 17,000 locations, including Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Kroger and Kmart pharmacies* $0co-pay on Tier 1 formulary prescriptions (Preferred generics) at preferred pharmacies during the Part D initial coverage period; $7co-pay on Tier 1 formulary prescriptions (Preferred generics) at other contracted pharmacies
- Lower co-pays on Tier 2 and Tier 3 formulary prescriptions when filled at preferred pharmacies
- 90-day supply of prescriptions available through retail pharmacies
- Where available, access to preferred value generics, which will help members who enter the coverage gap
- Vouchers mailed to enrolled First Health Part D Value Plus members for health and well-being products (e.g., multivitamins, calcium tablets) that can be redeemed at any preferred pharmacy.
As the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2012 sales of
SOURCE Coventry Health Care, Inc.