NORTHBROOK, Ill., Nov. 1 -- Allstate issued the following news release:
Once it is safe, Allstate Insurance recommends New York residents carefully inspect their homes and vehicles for damage after the recent storm.
Allstate policyholders can begin the claim process by calling or visiting their Allstate Agent, calling 1-800-54-STORM or logging onto Allstate.com.
Here are some things people can do to begin to pick up the pieces...
* Make sure your home is structurally safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful and be sure it is safe to be inside the home.
* Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for temporary home repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowner's policy. Your adjuster will need this information.
* If your home is uninhabitable, review your policy to find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide. Keep any receipts for expenses that may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners policy.
* Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant Allstate policy numbers.
* Report possible claims promptly.
* Inventory your home and list damaged items before your adjuster arrives. An inventory can help facilitate the claim process after a disaster.
TNS C-paypan56 121102-mv45-4092279