REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Oct. 31 -- Oracle issued the following news release:
* Gartner, Inc.'s 2012 "Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems" report places Oracle in the Leaders Quadrant. (1)
* Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular segment based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute on that vision.
* The report evaluates the capabilities of vendors that offer end-to-end multi-service and multi-technology solutions for service fulfillment and assurance operations support systems (OSS).
* According to Gartner, "Leaders in this market have strong market presence and significant market share, most of them globally. All leading vendors portrayed in this Magic Quadrant have a comprehensive OSS offering and would still be Leaders even if they needed partners. They adopt a leading-edge position by offering comprehensive, preintegrated, modularized TOMS suites. Beyond OSSs, all leading vendors encroach into the adjacent BSS and SDP markets. Leaders are well-positioned with their current product and service portfolios and their strategies. They have a coherent vision that anticipates current and future requirements. Leaders may not offer the best solution for every type of CSP, depending on their business models and maturity. However, they have proven implementation viability, and can achieve and sustain high-quality, low-risk deployments."(1)
* Gartner notes that "CSPs' requirements shift toward highly configurable OSS platforms that support multiple network technologies and manifold services. Technology itself is increasingly becoming a commodity. Differentiation is achieved through thought leadership in the areas of business consulting, service design and integration, and implementation services around OSS." (1)
* Gartner also remarks that "The vendor landscape reflects changing OSS investment patterns, which are set to enable the transformation of major operational value chains. Driven by the requirement to improve operational efficiency, while creating new revenue sources and achieving competitive differentiation through improved end-user experience, CSPs are streamlining their back-office systems." (1)
* The full report, compliments of Oracle, is available here: Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2012
* both consumers and businesses demand more innovative services and a superior customer experience, communications service providers are deploying contemporary OSS platforms that can support diverse, next-generation services and applications across multiple network and IT environments. We believe Oracle's inclusion in the Leaders Quadrant in this Gartner Magic Quadrant report is acknowledgement of our proven success in providing flexible, open and integrated solutions to support streamlined back-office operations," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2012," by Martina Kurth, October 23, 2012.
* Oracle Communications (http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.htm)
* Oracle Communications Network Resource Management (http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/network-resource-management-1508449.html)
* Oracle Communications Rapid Service Design and Order Delivery (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/communications/order-management/rapid-service/overview/index.html)
* Oracle Communications Design Studio
* Oracle Communications Order and Service Management
* Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management
* Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/communications/network-resource-management/metasolv-solution/overview/index.html)
* Oracle Communications ASAP
* Oracle Communications IP Service Activator (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/communications/order-management/ip-service-activator/overview/index.html)
* Oracle Communications Network Integrity (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/communications/network-resource-management/network-integrity/overview/index.html)
* Oracle Communications Network Intelligence (http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/communications/network-resource-management/network-intelligence/overview/index.html)
* Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems, 2012 (http://www.gartner.com/reprints/oracle?id=1-1CMVIU3&ct=121029&st=sb)
* Oracle Communications on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/oraclecommunications)
* Oracle Communications on Diigo (http://www.diigo.com/user/oraclecomms)
* Oracle Communications on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/OracleCommunications)
* Oracle Communications on Twitter (http://twitter.com/OracleComms)
* Oracle Communications on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2710476&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr)
TNS C-PreetiSi97 121101-4091515