|Business Wire, Inc.|
Nationwide reminds homeowners: Protect yourself from contractor fraud
As of late
Procedures are in place to respond quickly to customer needs.
Nationwide urges policyholders to keep a few things in mind when selecting a contractor to repair damage from recent severe weather.
“Unfortunately, contractor fraud exists especially after a weather catastrophe” said
Nationwide offers the following tips for homeowners to help protect from contractor/repair fraud:
- Request an itemized written estimate for any proposed work from contractors.
- Be wary of estimates that seem wholly unreasonable. Nationwide will provide compensation for reasonable estimates for the correct method of repair. Policyholders can call and ask us about an estimate.
- Beware of profiteers. Contact your local
Better Business Bureauif you have any concerns with a contractor you may decide to use for repairs.
- Avoid paying any upfront fees and be wary of cash deposits. One common scam is to show up with equipment to perform the work, promise to return in a few hours and never come back.
- It is always a good idea to take pictures of any damage before repairs begin.
- If you have any questions, call the
Nationwideand Allied Insuranceclaims hotline at 1-800-421-3535 or your local agent immediately.
Nationwide, the Nationwide frame mark, and On Your Side are service marks of
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50330712&lang=en
Media Relations Hotline 614-249-6349
|Copyright:||Copyright Business Wire 2012|