|Business Wire, Inc.|
New Challenges Require New Thinking: Investors Can Harness the Power of Alternative Asset Classes to Reduce Correlations and Improve Portfolio Diversification
“Clients are looking for proactive and agile investing strategies that help offset record market volatility,” said
Elite Access features a wide range of investment options and philosophies, all optimized through the benefits of tax deferral2. Individual investment options include:
- Alternative Investments: 12 options, including managed futures, commodities, listed private equity, global infrastructure, convertible arbitrage and emerging markets debt that provide enhanced diversification potential; and
- Traditional Investments: Options from well-known, reputable active managers such as American Funds,
Franklin Templeton, J.P. Morgan and T. Rowe Price that span across investment styles.
“Elite Access also gives Jackson the opportunity to expand its footprint and increase its share of the asset management market,” continued Mr. Jack. “We are committed to our core product lines, and Elite Access is an innovative offering that allows us to utilize our experience and expertise to capture flows from additional asset pools.”
Jackson has an established and significant presence in the alternatives market, and is one of the largest distributors of alternative investments in the retail adviser market today. Elite Access builds upon this foundation to offer advisers and investors the option of creating their own portfolios or leveraging strategies built by leading third-party managers, including
“At Jackson, we believe that advisers should have the opportunity to construct client portfolios as they see fit without restriction, or utilize the expertise of third-party managers who can deliver investing insights that simplify and support the decision-making process,” said
Third-party packaged strategies available within Elite Access include:
- Risk Management: Curian’s Dynamic Risk AdvantageSM strategy seeks to systemically reduce risk exposure when higher-risk assets are in decline, and increases risk exposure when these assets are trending positive. The strategy has three variations ? Aggressive, Income and Diversified ? which are actively managed by Curian, with
Mellon Capital Managementacting as sub-adviser.
- Tactical Management: Five strategies ? Curian Tactical Advantage 75, 60 and 353, JNL/Ivy Asset Strategy and JNL/BlackRock Global Allocation ? opportunistically seek to exploit strong market sectors and inefficiencies among different asset classes or sub-asset classes. The Curian Tactical Advantage strategies leverage expert analysis by
Ned Davis Research, Inc.to identify perceived market trends, cyclical opportunities and/or risks in the markets. Depending on the analysis, Curian overweights or underweights asset classes or sub-asset classes to capture potential gains over time. The JNL/Ivy Asset Strategy and the JNL/BlackRock Global Allocation fund are sub-advised by Ivy Investment Management Companyand BlackRock®, respectively.
- Guidance PortfoliosSM: Nine packaged portfolios from Curian that combine traditional and alternative investments with tactical and risk management strategies. The Guidance Portfolios have three distinct approaches ? Growth, Income and Alternatives ? to address a client’s individual investment goals. Growth portfolios pursue moderate or maximum growth potential, offering strategic or tactical asset allocation complemented by dedicated risk management strategies. Income portfolios are designed to maximize income potential, provide rising income to address inflation or strike a balance between both objectives. Alternative portfolios incorporate nontraditional investments to deliver enhanced diversification potential.
To introduce Elite Access to advisers, Jackson will conduct a national, multi-faceted educational campaign that includes a Web presence (www.Elite-Access.com), regional seminars, adviser webcasts, training programs, new multimedia marketing materials and an upgrade to Jackson’s