|Business Wire, Inc.|
New Challenges Require New Thinking: Investors Can Harness the Power of Alternative Asset Classes to Reduce Correlations and Improve Portfolio Diversification
“Clients are looking for proactive and agile investing strategies that help offset record market volatility,” said
Elite Access features a wide range of investment options and philosophies, all optimized through the benefits of tax deferral2. Individual investment options include:
- Alternative Investments: 12 options, including managed futures, commodities, listed private equity, global infrastructure, convertible arbitrage and emerging markets debt that provide enhanced diversification potential; and
- Traditional Investments: Options from well-known, reputable active managers such as American Funds,
Franklin Templeton, J.P. Morgan and T. Rowe Price that span across investment styles.
“Elite Access also gives Jackson the opportunity to expand its footprint and increase its share of the asset management market,” continued Mr. Jack. “We are committed to our core product lines, and Elite Access is an innovative offering that allows us to utilize our experience and expertise to capture flows from additional asset pools.”
Jackson has an established and significant presence in the alternatives market, and is one of the largest distributors of alternative investments in the retail adviser market today. Elite Access builds upon this foundation to offer advisers and investors the option of creating their own portfolios or leveraging strategies built by leading third-party managers, including
“At Jackson, we believe that advisers should have the opportunity to construct client portfolios as they see fit without restriction, or utilize the expertise of third-party managers who can deliver investing insights that simplify and support the decision-making process,” said
Third-party packaged strategies available within Elite Access include:
- Risk Management: Curian’s Dynamic Risk AdvantageSM strategy seeks to systemically reduce risk exposure when higher-risk assets are in decline, and increases risk exposure when these assets are trending positive. The strategy has three variations ? Aggressive, Income and Diversified ? which are actively managed by Curian, with
Mellon Capital Managementacting as sub-adviser.
- Tactical Management: Five strategies ? Curian Tactical Advantage 75, 60 and 353, JNL/Ivy Asset Strategy and JNL/BlackRock Global Allocation ? opportunistically seek to exploit strong market sectors and inefficiencies among different asset classes or sub-asset classes. The Curian Tactical Advantage strategies leverage expert analysis by
Ned Davis Research, Inc.to identify perceived market trends, cyclical opportunities and/or risks in the markets. Depending on the analysis, Curian overweights or underweights asset classes or sub-asset classes to capture potential gains over time. The JNL/Ivy Asset Strategy and the JNL/BlackRock Global Allocation fund are sub-advised by Ivy Investment Management Companyand BlackRock®, respectively.
- Guidance PortfoliosSM: Nine packaged portfolios from Curian that combine traditional and alternative investments with tactical and risk management strategies. The Guidance Portfolios have three distinct approaches ? Growth, Income and Alternatives ? to address a client’s individual investment goals. Growth portfolios pursue moderate or maximum growth potential, offering strategic or tactical asset allocation complemented by dedicated risk management strategies. Income portfolios are designed to maximize income potential, provide rising income to address inflation or strike a balance between both objectives. Alternative portfolios incorporate nontraditional investments to deliver enhanced diversification potential.
To introduce Elite Access to advisers, Jackson will conduct a national, multi-faceted educational campaign that includes a Web presence (www.Elite-Access.com), regional seminars, adviser webcasts, training programs, new multimedia marketing materials and an upgrade to Jackson’s
“Training and education are vital components of the Elite Access rollout,” said
For more information, please call Jackson’s dedicated Elite Access hotline at 888-690-4799 or visit the Elite Access website at www.Elite-Access.com.
Before investing in variable products, investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable product and its underlying investment options.The current contract prospectus and underlying fund prospectuses, which are contained in the same document, provide this and other important information. Please contact your representative or the Company to obtain the prospectuses.Please read the prospectuses carefully before investing or sending money.
|1.||Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.|
|2.||Tax deferral offers no additional value if an annuity is used to fund a qualified plan, such as a 401(k) or IRA, and may be found at a lower cost in other investment products. It also may not be available if the annuity is owned by a “non-natural person” such as a corporation or certain types of trusts.|
|3.||75, 60 and 35 represents percentage allocated to equities per strategy, with the balance allocated to Fixed Income. Equity allocation is split between domestic and international, with percentages varying by strategy. Each strategy adjusts equity exposure according to cyclical market trends. Curian Tactical Advantage 75 can adjust +/- 25% of the equity target allocation; Curian Tactical Advantage 60 can adjust +/- 20% of the equity target allocation; Curian Tactical Advantage 35 can adjust +/- 15% of the equity target allocation.|
BlackRock is a registered trademark of BlackRock, Inc. in
Elite Access Fixed and Variable Annuity (VA650, VA 660) is issued by
Jackson issues other variable annuities with similar features, benefits, limitations and charges. Discuss them with your representative or contact Jackson for more information.
The subaccounts expect to invest in positions that emphasize alternatives or non-traditional asset classes or investment strategies, and as a result, are subject to the risk factors of those asset classes. Some of those risks include general economic risk, geo-political risk, commodity price volatility, counterparty and settlement risk, currency risk, derivatives risk, emerging markets risk, foreign securities risk, high-yield bond exposure, non-investment grade bond exposure, index investing risk, industry concentration risk, leveraging risk, market risk, prepayment risk, liquidity risk, real estate investment risk, sector risk, short sales risk, temporary defensive positions, and large cash positions.
Please remember that a Jackson annuity is intended to be a long-term, tax-deferred vehicle for retirement. An annuity's earnings are taxable as ordinary income when withdrawn and, if taken before age 59 1/2, may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty. Variable annuities involve investment risks and may lose value.
|Copyright:||Copyright Business Wire 2012|