By Bob Mucci
With all of the options for social networking out there, which ones should you focus on to enhance your company’s online presence? Taking control of social media in your business can be hard to handle with all of the trends.
As a leading Massachusetts insurance agency, however, we know using social media is helping us improve our outreach and reputation. The most recent social networking heavy weight we’ve been paying attention to is Google+.
Why is Google+ the way to go for insurance marketing agencies? Because it seems to have started becoming more of a comment and discussion generator than Twitter! There is about a 95 follower per comment received ratio – compared to Twitter which has an 8,394 followers per comment ratio, according to the Orange County Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
Twitter is still a major player in social media, so we definitely do not suggest moving away from it. We do, however, suggest incorporating Google+ in to your current social media plan.
Why should you sign-up for Google+?
- Easy access to friends, family and acquaintances to network better with the people you know (or want to know!).
- Businesses can add a brand page, creating visibility and engagement with customers.
- After making a page for your business, you can have real face-to-face conversations and create circles to share messages with targeted groups.
- You can easily see who “likes” the pages, comments, pictures and so much more with the
+1 feature. The +1 button also gives you help in Google search engine rankings.
- You are able to post and write more than 140 characters of content.
- Gmail is linked to your Google+ page, helping to seamlessly integrate your e-mail with your social networking.
For someone in the insurance marketing world, using this tool can be beneficial and make a huge impact on the success of your business. Google is the unofficial king of the Internet, so it’s a no-brainer that getting involved in Google+ is a must. Google+ is the marriage of the search engine and the social network – and has the greatest potential to change the way we do business online.
Bob Mucci is the VP of Massachusetts-based Wolpert Insurance. As a leading local insurance agency, Wolpert Insurance specializes in providing Massachusetts insurance consumers with reliable commercial trucking insurance, moving and storage coverage, livery insurance, garage insurance and effective risk management solutions.