With the memories of this most recent Thanksgiving Day still fresh from last week, I’m giving thanks to the insurance industry with my top 10 reasons why we should all be grateful for life insurance.
1. If something happens to me, my wife and my daughter are taken care of financially for a long time to come.
2. Term life, which can be bought for a song, is one of the most valuable products you can buy anywhere.
3. If we want an investment aspect in addition to the protection offered by an insurance policy, we can get it.
4. I can’t outlive an annuity.
5. Insurance remains a relationship business and that means you have to talk to someone and someone has to talk to you. Robots need not apply.
6. There’s at least one agent, often more, on every main thoroughfare in America.
7. Insurance is one of the most highly regulated industries in the country.
8. The bulk of life insurance company investment portfolios are tied up in fixed income investments, which means the odds are that money is coming in tomorrow.
9. Many people in the insurance industry play golf.
10. For decades (until this year) Snoopy and the other "Peanuts" characters were promoted by MetLife around the world as part of the company’s branding campaign.
InsuranceNewsNet Senior Writer Cyril Tuohy has covered the financial services industry for more than 15 years. Cyril may be reached at email@example.com.
© Entire contents copyright 2016 by InsuranceNewsNet.com Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted without the expressed written consent from InsuranceNewsNet.com.