DES MOINES, Iowa, Feb. 19 -- Gov. Terry Branstad, R-Iowa, has issued the following news release:
Gov. Terry E. Branstad and Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds today thanked the myriad Partners for Education Reform who have signed on with their proposal to make Iowa's schools the best in the nation. Branstad and Reynolds both understood the need for a broad, bipartisan effort when they released their proposal just last month.
"We have many good schools with committed educators, but they are stuck in a system designed for the 20th century, not the 21st century," Branstad said. "I am ready to invest significant resources into these educational reforms, which truly have the power to dramatically raise achievement. I want to thank these vital partners who will help us move education reform forward."
Reynolds highlighted the importance of enhancing the teaching profession as a whole.
"This is about strengthening the teaching profession for the benefit of both students and teachers," Reynolds said. "Teachers are the single most important influence on a child's success inside school, and educators are being asked to do much more to prepare students for our knowledge-driven economy. We must make sure new teachers are ready to rise to that challenge, while also providing more support for teachers already in the classroom. Our Partners for Education Reform understand this."
An electronic list of the Partners for Education Reform can be found HERE (https://governor.iowa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Branstad_Our_Opportunity_Our_Iowa_Education.pdf). The growing list is as follows:
* Principal Financial Group
* Iowa Chamber Alliance
* Greater Des Moines Partnership
* Urban Education Network of Iowa
* Iowa Biotechnology Association
* National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
* Iowa Board of Regents
* Deere & Company
* Master Builders of Iowa
* MidAmerican Energy Company
* Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company
* Monsanto Company
* Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
* Meredith Corporation
* Alliant Energy Corporation
* Alliance Pipline, Inc.
* Mechanical Contractors Association of Iowa
* NECA, IA (NEC)
* NextEra Energy
* Iowa Association of Business and Industry (ABI)
* Iowa Association of Realtors
* Hy-Vee, Inc.
* Iowa Engineering Society
* American Council of Engineering Companies
* Associated Builders and Contractors of Iowa
* National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB/IA)
* Professional Educators of Iowa
* Siouxland Chamber
* Iowa Department of Education
* College Student Aid Commission
TNS C-Santpan-Santpan 130220-4211073 71Santosh