Ashland, Ohio (PRWEB) July 18, 2012
Ohio insurance agency, The Buren Insurance Group, advises locals to stay alert and prepared for storms this season. Ohio residents are still dealing with damages from the recent storm that blew across the central part of the state late last month. This storm left as many as 1 million people without power during a heat wave and even killed one resident due to the high winds, which reached 75 mph.
On Saturday, June 30th, Gov. John Kasich declared a state of emergency in Ohio as the strong storm continued to pass through. The unexpected power outages, damages and heat are all reasons why Kasich believes Ohio locals need all the help they can get. That being said, The Buren Insurance Group is providing locals with a list of tips. It is crucial to always be prepared for a storm during the summer season. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), it is important to:
• Purchase insurance to cover a variety of disasters, from flood to earthquake insurance.
• Prepare an emergency disaster kit (batteries, flashlights, first aid, medication, etc.)
• Plan a family evacuation route.
• Protect valuables and important documents by putting them in a safe, water-proof place.
• Protect windows and doors in your home from high winds with covers/boards.
• Stay inside and avoid driving if possible during a storm.
• Clean your yard of any potential “windborne missiles” (toys, gardening tools, branches, etc.)
While many Ohio residents may not have been prepared for this storm, that does not mean they should dismiss the idea of a future storm. The Buren Insurance Group is always here to provide insurance to Ohio residents, but it is still best for residents to do their part to protect their homes and valuables, too. By following the tips listed above, locals may be able to avoid the worst case scenario the next time a storm decides to pass through!
About The Buren Insurance Group, Inc.:
Jeff and Tim Buren’s team has been providing expert Ohio insurance solutions for decades. Together, they continue to build and expand the services they provide for their customers. With seven locations across Ohio, The Buren Insurance Group, Inc. can serve clients who live anywhere in the state conveniently. As an independent Ohio insurance agency, The Buren Insurance Group has established strong relationships with the nation’s top insurance carriers, which ultimately allows the agency to find its customers the right coverage at an affordable price.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/7/prweb9712213.htm